CBI ESTABLISHES AN ANTI HUMAN TRAFFICKING UNIT
SETS UP EXCLUSIVE HELPLINE NUMBER AND ANNOUNCES REWARD TO COMBAT HUMAN TRAFFICKING
The Central Bureau of Investigation has designated one Unit in Special Crime Zone of CBI in Delhi as Anti-Human Trafficking Unit. This unit will be responsible for collecting, collating & analyzing data on kidnapping and abduction of persons from all over India. The unit will also develop actionable intelligence to conduct operations against gangs involved in trafficking, especially of children & women for the purpose of exploitation, such as beggary and prostitution. This unit would also liaise with NGOs involved in this field.
A helpline number 011-24368638 has been established by CBI, on which any person having inputs about such gangs can give information. It has also been decided that person giving information leading to arrest and criminal action against such gangs would be rewarded upto Rs.Two Lakh. The Government of India has already designated all Police Officers of the rank of Inspector and above in CBI as “Trafficking Police Officers” to exercise powers of investigation under the “Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956” and other laws dealing with sexual exploitation of persons.
- Inter State Trafficking – Delhi Couple Held for Human Trafficking (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- 105 passports found from unclaimed baggage at IGI (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Three Day Northwest District / Delhi Police Anti Human Trafficking Police Training (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- Over 200 minors go missing in 6 months (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Three Day Training Programme of West Delhi Anti Human Trafficking Unit Held in Collaboration With Ahtu Delhi Police , Crime Branch and Shakti Vahini (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- Indian girls rescued from bride trafficking (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Passport racket busted; five held (thehindu.com)