The National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH), an autonomous organisation of the Government under the Ministry of Home Affairs, provides financial assistance to the concerned Collectors/Deputy Commissioners/District Magistrate for care, education and training for the children of families below poverty line rendered orphan or destitute due to communal, caste, ethnic or terrorist violence as per criterion laid down by Planning Commission. The Minister of Women & Child Development Smt. Krishna Tirath revealed this in Lok Sabha today in written reply to a question.
Further, the Government, in the Ministry of Women and Child Development, is providing financial assistance since 2009-10, under the Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS), to State Governments/UT Administrations for setting up and maintenance of Homes and Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs) set up under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 either by themselves or through voluntary organisations, for rehabilitation and re-integration of children in need of care and protection, she said.
The Minister further stated that the Ministry of Rural Development, is implementing Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS) for BPL widows of age group of 40-59 years and Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Scheme (IGOAPS) for BPL persons of 60 years and above.
The Minister also stated that the Ministry of Women and Child Development, is also implementing Swadhar Greh Scheme for rehabilitation of women in difficult circumstances.The targeted beneficiaries of the above Schemes also includes women and children left behind due to killing of their husbands/ fathers in terrorist or naxalite attacks. It is not feasible to anticipate the number of such women or children who would require support in future under these Schemes.
- Offences Registered by NCPCR (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Parliamentary Consultative Committee Reviews Integrated Child Protection Scheme(ICPS) (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Women Malnutrition (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Social Security Schemes for Workers in Unorganized Sector (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Special Steps for Safety of Children (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Campaign helps kids make ‘dosts’ (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- New national policy for senior citizens coming (thehindu.com)
- Women Trafficking (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- ‘Indira strove tirelessly for the welfare of the poor’ (thehindu.com)