Union Minister of State for Women & Child Development(I/C) Smt. Krishna Tirath has appealed to the states and union territories for pro-active approach in implementation of ICPS..She requested the MPs to take-up various issues of Child welfare before respective state Chief Ministers.The Minister was addressing the meeting of the consultative committee of Parliament for Ministry of Women & Child Development in New Delhi today.Smt. Tirath emphasised that the states have to play crucial role in speedy constitution of Juvenile Justice Boards and Child Welfare Committees.The Minister said the Ministry will continue providing technical support to the state functionaries and further facilitate cross learning and document best practices to enable better understanding of the Scheme and its requirements. The Secretary,MWCD Shri D K Sikri said that the Ministry is in touch with states and pushing forth the implementation of various schemes. He informed the Members of Parliament that the 1098 child helpline will shortly be available on all mobile networks too.Addl. Secretary,MWCD Shri Sudhir Kumar deliberated with MPs on their experiences of at district levels and below .
During the discussion, the members appreciated the works undertaken by the Ministry and called for speeding up the execution of ongoing child welfare projects. The Members of Parliament who were present included Smt. Sushmita Bauri,,Smt. Jayshreeben Patel,Smt. Jhansi Laxmi Botcha and Shri Nikhil Kumar Choudhary.
- Campaign helps kids make ‘dosts’ (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Campaign to make Gurgaon Child friendly (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Women Trafficking (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Sexual Harassment of Children (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Correcting the Sex Ratio (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Child Adoption Process being simplified and made online (equalityindia.wordpress.com)