SHAKTI VAHINI RESEARCH INITIATIVE
Child Labour is a complex socio-economic problem, which needs sustained efforts over a long period of time. Considering the nature and magnitude of the problem, Government is following a sequential approach of first covering children working in hazardous occupations/processes. As per the Census 2001, there were 1.26 crore working children in the country in the age group of 5-14 years, the State-wise information is as per Annexure-I. As per unit level records of NSSO , 2004-05, sector-wise information in percentage terms is as per Annexure-II.
As per Census 2001,there were 1.26 crore working children in the country in the age group of 5-14, whereas in the Survey conducted by National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO) in 2004-05, the number of working children were estimated at 90.75 lakh.
The teaching volunteers for the special schools and other staff of the project society are being paid consolidated amount of honorarium for their services, not monthly salary.
This information was given by the Union Labour & Employment Minister Shri Mallikarjun Kharge in the Rajya Sabha today in Reply to a written question on what is the strategy and time-frame of Government to abolish the child labour in the country and whether Government has got the correct statistics of child labour, State-wise and industries-wise; whether the implementation of National Child Labour Project (NCLP) has really reduced the drop out of the children in the school and if so, the details thereof; andwhether the child labour school teachers and staff are getting monthly salary less than the minimum wages?
- Rehabilitation of Child Labourers Working in Food Stalls (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Bonded Labour (Abolition) Act 1976 (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Eradication of Child Labour (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Bonded Labourers System (Abolition) Act, 1976 (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Rehabilitataion of Bonded Labour (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Number and Percentage of BPL in Urban Areas (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Nine girls rescued from job agency (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)