Union Minister of Labour and Employment Shri Mallikarjun Kharge today informed the Rajya Sabha that his Ministry has not conducted any survey on the number of child labourers in food stalls around metropolitan cities. Replying to a written question the minister said that Government is implementing National Child Labour Project (NCLP) for rehabilitation of children withdrawn from work. Under the Project, children withdrawn from work are enrolled in the special schools, where they are provided with bridge education, vocational training, nutrition, stipend, health care, etc. before mainstreaming into formal education system.
The Government of India has adopted a multi-pronged strategy for eradication of child labour which is as follows:
- A legislative action plan in the form of Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986.
- Project-based action plan in areas of high concentration of Child Labour under National Child Labour Project Scheme.
- Focus on general development programmes for the benefit of the families of Child Labour.
The above measures have yielded positive results in eradication of child labour.
- Nine girls rescued from job agency (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Notorious Trafficker Arrested – 9 Victims Rescued. (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- 9 girls rescued, kingpin held (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- The Body Shop India and Ecpat Will Present Over 300,000 Petitions to the National Government As India Ratifies the Un Convention Against Human Trafficking. (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)